Wednesday 23 November 2011

AS Montague

Running into John Rushton on Wimpole Street, one of London's best small shoe stores, to pick up some re-soled Lotus shoes, I noticed they'd just taken delivery of the new Alfred Sargent AS Exclusive Range.

Insiders will know of Sargent's troubled recent history; in fact, yesterday I heard talk they are owned partly by a French company. But these are a fine, new design, and although, at over £300, pricier than the old AS, they look to be lovely quality - nicer in the hands than some recent Tricker's I've seen. Note the lovely mahogany leather on the soles, sandwiching a rubber core. There were some fine Zug grain items too. I'll post better photos when I have a chance to take some.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, I'm so glad to see, that you are doing some blogging. PERFECT!

    I'm adding this to my favourites and the favourites of my blog.

    Kind regards SimonTuntelder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I picked up my Kelso before the debacle. Would love to have the chance to have a look and feel of the handgrade AS. Seems like a better buy over some Tricker's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Paul T, those new Montague look very tasty too.

    ReplyDelete